7.5K views

First of all great clips makes there employees do hair cuts between 13 to 17 min in order to make a raise for the day.Second we would take more time on your hair if you would actually tip well!

We only make min. wage! Third we are worked like dogs and don't get breaks at all. So if you would quit being cheap and tip maybe we would give you a good hair cut.

You think a dollar is a good enough tip....please, we live off our tips.

If I do 20 customers and they all tip me a dollar thats 20 dollars in 8 hours...are you kidding me.So next time you want to complain about your great clips hair cut maybe you should actually treat your stylist better

Had an Experience with Great Clips?

Comments

Do a good job and you will get an appropriate tip and my repeat business. But dont dare tell me what to tip.

I tip 2.00 for a simple mans haircut that takes 10 mins.

If you work as a stylist for minimum wage its your damned fault.

I will not end up paying 20 for a mans haircut.

If you are fully trained and work for minimum wage ur a *** and I dont want you near my neck with sharp objects

What kind of stylist would work for minimum wage !

Am I supposed to pay normal cost for a haircut AND support the stylist ?

Yes!!!!I agree, I also work at a great clips..

And people really do think 1$ is a good tip.. No its not I just brought home 300 $ for two weeks.. If it wasn't for tips I don't know what I would do!!

I try to always do the best on every haircut..But sometimes I'm like was it even worth that 1$ tip?!?

With all due respect, your minimum wage and break rules are not my doing.I think I tip well but it bothers me that I am expected (with said tip) to make your job worth your while.

If someone doesn't like their job then get a new one. But the customer should be the priority and concern.

Not how much they will tip.Maybe instead of waiting for the bigger tip to do a good job, you should do a good job...then you will get a bigger tip.

Wait, let me do the math.$20/8hr=$2.50/hr.

If you're making that on top of federal minimum wage ($7.25), you're making $20,280/yr at 40hr/week. This is 170% of the poverty level for an individual and 126% of the poverty level for a family of two.

Surely you're not getting rich, but you're not dying either.

For comparison, CNAs make around the same amount.

My advice: go work for a better company.

I don't know why y'all complain that you don't get tipped well. I understand you only make minimum wage and pretty much depend on the tips, I use to work in restaurants. But it goes the same way, give good service and you'll make better tips.

U sound puzzled @ the WORLD>U sure U should B handling scissors? Same advice I was given>If Ur unhappy the only person who can change that is "U"!

Or you could take pride in your profession?I understand you make min.

Wage and "rely" on tips but requiring someone to tip for a quality haircut is a horrible work ethic. We all have bills and shouldn't be required to tip for a service we are already paying for. If you want everything handed to you, go ahead and demand tips and see how no one will choose to have their hair cut and or styled by someone so greedy and you'll realize that your greed has cutoff all the potential future tips and appreciation.

I personally appreciate the service Hairstylists provide.If I heard an employee under my management complaining and limiting the quality of the service paid for by a customer I would have them fired for tarnishing my establishments name.

If they do a good job I'll tip good. But usually great clips is horrible so they get what they deserve

A tip is something one earns for going above and beyond your basic job description.A way for your customers to say you are appreciated for taking extra care and concern for me.

Say I work in Home Depot making minimum wage also and have to greet and assist 30 customers an hour. Should customers give me a tip if I am doing my basic job? No, that would be foolish. I knew what I signed up for when I was hired.

Sounds like you are all well aware of this quota when you got hired. So deal with it or leave. I say the short answer would be no.

For a standard men's cut, don't tip at all at a mass produced hair cutter like Great Clips.These can be viewed as the fast food experience of hair cutting.