39.9K views

Great Clips has a ridiculous policy which allows customers to check-in/booking of appointments for services.Customers who show up and are advised of unrealistic wait times, given that the computerized monitoring system preempts them when an online booker shows up for their appointment.

A fifteen minute wait can turn into a forty-five minute (or more) wait for the customer who was physically present but not booked online.

The opportunity for the waiting customer to choose to go elsewhere based on wait time is lost and there is NO consideration.GC Staff is has their hands in dealing with the problem.

Comments

I was told I couldn't check in over the phone. If they can put you in line with online check in why not the phone?

to tlc #1426337

Just walk in and check in if you want. Then depending on the estimated wait time leave and run other errands for 1/2 to an hour and return near the front of the line.. I do it all the time.

I love the on-line check in and the Great Clips App.

I walked out for the 3rd time on Sunday due to this bait and switch online check in tactic.I stopped in while in the area because there were no patrons seated in the waiting area.

Just as a stylist chair opened up 3 "online check ins" walked in the door and I suddenly became #4 in line for a haircut.Please follow my lead and complain to your state attorney general's office.

I'm currently sitting here tried to check in online it didn't show up in their computer and was told three to four ppl ahead of me by the time the woman put my info in all the sudden there was five ppl ahead of me or that's what the monitor says in the waiting room says also when I checked in at home it said 15 minute wait time not 45

You need to get over yourself Sparky

What no one is realizing in this entire comment feed, is that online check ins are added to the end of the current wait list.Customers still go in the order they are checked in.

An online check in has 1 hour to show up at the store. If stylists are not serving customers that are available, mention it while you are there. To the actual employees.

It's pretty simple.Trust the stylists don't like online check in much more than all the people who can't seem to figure out how to use it.

Denver, Colorado, United States #1341433

Not all (especially old folks) have or use computers !

Denver, Colorado, United States #1341431

Yes, is really ***. Ihad gone there for years. But no more !

Santa Rosa, California, United States #1340862

totally agree..... ridiculous policy, which should be changed. I am a returning customer and been for a long time.

Well go online

Missouri City, Texas, United States #1339028

I agree.

Brea, California, United States #1335892

Their loss - I got up and left ... after having sat through 2 customers and then pre-empted by a late walk-in who had apparently booked an online appt (with no explanation to me!), and taken before me. Phfft, they can keep their policy.

Burlington, Ontario, Canada #1335857

Or u could grab ur smart phone and check in online... not really that difficult.

to Andy Burlington, Ontario, Canada #1335859

Btw, online check in is just this generation's phone in reservation, it's not really any different.

to Andy #1350659

Not every working person can afford Smart Phones. I do without a lot just to stay off will fare. I know I would have a lot more things and time if I was on Welfare or Public Aid.

Red Wing, Minnesota, United States #1335811

I totally agree, every time I have walked in it has been a hour to two hour wait, but maybe 4 online check-ins. I have excepted to wait before and watched them do nothing until an online check-in came in (seriously) well over 20mins later when I could of been in and out just needing a trim.. some of us don't have the access to do the check-in, my phone don't let me and most of the time my computer directs me to everything but the check-in

to Anonymous #1341432

Uhm they aren't supposed to wait for the on line check ins.. they should take the next available customer

Erm, check in online to avoid the line!

Norfolk, Nebraska, United States #1334536

I have a discount if I can check in on line but cannot figure it out. We have a great clips but if you just walk in no discount.