I brought my daughter in to have her hair cut this afternoon. We checked in online even though there was no wait listed, and were seen as soon as we walked in. We sat down and I confirmed with the stylist about the length my daughter wanted her hair to be, and to trim up her bangs. As she was performing my daughter's haircut, there was no issue, until she attempted to comb through her thick hair with a small comb and was pulling and yanking her hair in every direction causing my daughter to scrunch up her face, eyes watering, and told her "Ow!" The stylist mumbled something under her breath and then continued.

Then, she addressed her bangs. When she began to comb them out so that she could shape them, she informed me that whoever had cut them before did a terrible job and was cutting into the side of my daughter's hair. I laughed and told her she only ever gets her bangs trimmed here, and once again continued to mumble something under her breath.

We finished up and headed to the counter. I was charged $15 for a haircut and left a $3 tip and I paid with my debit card. Mind you, my daughter and I and one other child couple were in the whole store at this time. I put it in the checkbook and my husband called me a couple minutes later. He said that what I put in the checkbook did not match what the bank statement said, it said we paid $20. So I called the store back and spoke with another woman on the phone. She said I was under charged due to my daughter's shampoo and cut. My daughter didn't get a shampoo so I expressed this to her. I was told that I was confused with another customer (again, we were the only ones there at the time) and that I could hear her say a child's haircut was only $12 anyway.

Come to find out, the stylist put the tip in as $5 instead of just the $3 that I signed off for. She said she was able to fix the tip back to $3 in the computer. When I asked if this happened often, the reply was that maybe it was busy in the waiting room and she hit the wrong button. I reiterated to her once again that we were the only customers checking in or out, we just walked out the door not 2 minutes ago, and only 1 other child was in the store at the time, so it wasn't busy.

I told her she needed to have her stylist be a little more careful when putting tips in electronically AFTER clients have already signed receipts and I urge everyone to look at their bank statements a little more closely. I have a feeling this kind of thing happens a lot at this store and it goes unnoticed.

Review about: Great Clips Haircut.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments