Great Clips - My hair looks great... in the front.

When I got a straightener and styled my hair I began to see just how choppy she did my hair.I've been doing my own hair since I was 15 because of a bad hair indecent.

He did a good job it just wasn't what I asked for. Plus it was in a different country so I assumed he might not have completely understood what I wanted. Even thought I showed him a picture of how I wanted it cut. Anyway I decided that I couldn't do the back by myself so I would go get it done in a salon.

I never know Great Clips had such a bad rep. Most people I know go there. It's affordable and conveniently close to my house. The first picture, the one with the long hair with basically no layers is what I really wanted.

The second one is what I showed her when she freaked out saying "That's really long" The next 2 are of my hair length before. And the last 2 are from after she cut my hair. It looks really good except the fact that she layered my hair on the sides with the razor(which by the way causes you to have bad split ends.) I would have stopped her but it was too late by the time I saw she was doing it. I figured she knew what she was doing, she was licensed and all, right?

Apparently getting your license doesn't require you to care about the customer. I know I could have done better. If I go back to the place and show them my hair will she get fired??? I don't want to get her fired but I don't think she should be allowed to do hair.

So I guess it would be for the best and all I would be doing is showing them how it looks when I try to style it and make it look good. I can pick up chunks from the sides and see really choppy layers. The kind of choppy that doesn't even look good on scene hair. Just saying.

So upset I cried.My hair is everything to me.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • That she was nice and friendly
  • What I disliked
    • That she messed up my hair
    • Triedtojustifyitbeforeinoticed

Product or service
Review category
Beauty Centers and Spas
review #584729 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Great Clips? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 5 No 5
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Senior Manager

Apr 09 #1142026

I am a senior manager in CG...never worked in the southern states. I am very careful to make comments as I wasn't involved but I can tell you CG does have good overall image. You wouldn't ascertain this per this site but than again it is based on complaints not satisfactions. People take more time to complain than to praise --and that is human nature.
I am not invalidating your complaint. I believe that you should ask to speak with the manager at the location it occurred at. This should be done ASAP (not a week after the event). You should do your best to voice your concerns politely and stay factual. Most of the time, if the Manager can see the issue, they will correct the problem if possible. If not they will settle. The employee would be documented in written form.
Based on what you have said...I feel you did one key thing right. You used a photo! Most people know little about the cosmetology industry and a simple verbal description of what you want done for a cut --usually leads to assumptions that can be wrong. Always use a photo. Even though we use a program called clip notes that track what cuts we give clients and what shear is a very goof idea to use a photo.
You have the right to ask for any cut that you want. We as the professionals would need to explain why something might not be a good idea...but if you still insist than it is your right. If the stylist feels they do not have the skill to perform a cut --it would be
... Show more

0 0 Reply

May 28, 2015 #989154

Vanity. One of the sins. Think!
You also get what you pay for. Not their fault that you are a cheapskate. You cant expect a 200 dollar haircut for a bargain basement price. Jesus christ! Some of these complaints are pathetic! Whats next? They messed up your hair because you are a white woman? A woman of color? A single mother? Because it was a tuesday?

3 1 Reply

Mar 13, 2015 #958026

That's way too hard of a haircut for so cheap a place. I'm sure she tried. Also no one in real life could wear photo 1 and look good.

10 2 Reply

Jan 25, 2015 #935984

Woah woah woah-- A. The first picture HAS layers. They're at a 45 degree angle to give the stacked appearance that makes her hair behave. B. the first picture also has layers on the sides. You're stylist used a razor bc that's how it was done in the first picture. The reason she said "that's long" is bc you are asking for a ridiculously disconnected cut on a model in one picture. You're stylist knew that cut was not realistic for everyday wear. #NotHerFaultYouThinkYouKnowBetter

12 0 Reply

Jan 28, 2015 #937520

asdfghjkl - you can look at that last photo and say those are layers? That is one of the most chopped up messes I have ever seen. Looking close at the other photos, the cut is VERY uneven. I hope you are not a stylist, if you are go tear up your license and NEVER cut a person's hair again.

2 4 Reply

Jan 22, 2015 #934781 Newtown, Connecticut

Well you wanted a 14 dollar haircut now you gotta deal with the results. They're not gonna fire her because you don't like your hair.

9 1 Reply

Jan 21, 2015 #933990 Albuquerque, New Mexico

Cutting hair with a razor does not cause split ends.
Licensed professional.

12 0 Reply

Apr 09 #1142035

Actually --that depends on whether the razor is appropriately sharpened.
Stylist who use inferior or worn equipment have more issues with cuts-- that is completely factual.
I stick with Oster 76's and Washi Shears..both are pricey but it makes a difference. I understand most stylist making CG start pay probably can't afford these. I also have an excellent thinner...but it is a newer item as it has an dial adjuster on it for variance.
I would not be an elitist in saying that it is a bargain cut so not to expect much....many talented stylist have worked for this corporation. Why pay more if you can get the same thing for less...that is just Capitalism at work in the judgement of right or wrong is just factual.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Great Clips. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Great Clips.
Filing a new complaint about