Lance H Yji

| map-marker Quepem, Goa

Check in

When I checked in it said 10 min wait. I'm walked inside after being in the parking lot before they open, showed me 3rd in line I walk inside and it's over 30 minutes. What is the point in signing in online? Why give a wait-list? Unfortunately I don't have a day to waste that is why I plan my day off. The website is obviously useless.
Loss:
Cons:
  • 100

Preferred solution: My time back

User's recommendation: Dont go

Kiko T

| map-marker Griffin, Georgia

Offer not valid

Great Clips - Offer not valid
Good morning, I send you thie email abour a complain about your offers. 2 weeks ago I was in one of our franchise in Atlanta. After of my hair cut showed up my discount offer 5% and hairdresser not accepted it, the reason was that it not was valid when the ofer will expire 4/6/2024.
Jaimie K Cbk

| map-marker Keizer, Oregon

Poor customer service

Great Clips - Poor customer service

I just went and received a hair cut. I was wondering why it was taking so long, then when i got to my car i noticed why.

The layering is thick and choppy, and in sections and just wrong all around. The bangs, horrible. I call to ask for a refund, not her tip, which was $10, then she tells me no, i fix. I said no thank you for obvious reasons.

I said please refund me, keep the tip for your time, but then she hangs up on me not once but twice. I have to wait to get refunded. They dont know how to put it back on my card when its on file. They gave me the run around and now i have to go back on Friday to get a refund.

Horrible, simply disappointing that a simple cut, layer, and long bangs couldn't be achieved. I had long hair, and now its way shorter, chopped up and looks like a horrible 80s messed up mullet.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Cannot cut hair and they do not listen and they take forever

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Simply put your money back in your pocket, save up a little extra money and go to a real salon they are not worth the little money, just because of this lady. I have videos of everything for aftermath of how bad it really is but here is a simple picture of just one part of how horrible this haircut is.

Kelly O Xtw

| map-marker Kingsport, Tennessee

POS salon

Great Clips - POS salon
Great Clips - POS salon - Image 2
Great Clips - POS salon - Image 3
I checked in for my 80 year old mother,and my phone and the system there at the shop had something different and was told she would have to be put at the end of the line when I checked in she was 34th on the list at about 133 this isn't fair and I won't be back
Pros:
  • Was the only place for a cheap haircut
Cons:
  • Check in system sucks

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Do not go there

Jazzmin Jjg
map-marker Fort Worth, Texas

Hair cut to short n uneven

Great Clips - Hair cut to short n uneven
I told her I shoulder length and layers!! She turned me around away from the mirror n could not see!! Until she turned me back facing the mirror and I could believe how much she cut !!! I have to tie my hair for work. I cant even use a hair tie to gather my hair. My hair length was about 22 inches PAST my shoulder, now its just past the natural hair. Line in the nape area. I left crying because I could not believe what she had done!!!

User's recommendation: Get hairstylists that do what the customer ask n not what she thinks

Lance H Yji

Ridiculous Website

Why use online check in NOT accurate. Wasted too much of my time! Now I have to find another place. How ridiculous! Great timing!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Irresponsible

Preferred solution: My haircut when it says it is time. What would I like? Recommendations on other salons that have a accurate website!

User's recommendation: Walk in and hope for the best. Checking in is a waste of time.

Featured
Stefanie H Vkn

| map-marker Goodyear, Arizona

Bad haircut

Great Clips - Bad haircut

Stylist McKay left a huge bald spot in my childs hair after being preoccupied with a baby that was getting his hair cut a few chairs down. This location in Estrella is refusing to fix their mistake! Not old do they give bad haircuts they offer terrible customer service!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Terrible service and terribly haircuts

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Drive down the hill! Avoid this location at ALL COSTS!

Zakya Zmg

The lies people do for something free. It is obvious that picture was photoshopped.

reply icon Replying to comment of Zakya Zmg

You obviously know nothing about photoshopping. It is obvious it was NOT photoshopped. You probably don't even know what the word means!

Baley For

I went to Great Clips in Plymouth, Mn on Vinewood Ln. All I wanted was a little shaping w/ scissors.

She proceeded to shave my nice hair with a shaver all over my head. I'm elderly with pretty silver hair. I now have hair so short I can't get a small curling rod in it. Her name is Thuc Anh.

Beware of her. I now wear a stocking hat whenever I go out. It will take 3 months or more to have it look decent. I look like I had to have a chemo treatment.(My heart goes out to anyone in this stage of your life) This should not happen to anyone.

If you do drugs, stop cutting hair. Annette

Why is Baley For head my complaint. It should be Annette Daniels

reply icon Replying to comment of Baley For

I already posted a complaint of great clips on Vicksburg in Plymouth, Mn. Thuc Anh.

I'm 82 and will never get my hair to grow so I can at least curl it. It's all uneven and a MESS!!!

thanks to this awful lady. I hope she goes to *** Annette Daniels

reply icon Replying to comment of Baley For

Does Great Clips take ANY responsibility for what Thu Anh did too my hair. I am telling everyone I know never to go there!!!!!!

Fire this person. She has put me thru hell!!!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Baley For

You are DISGUSTING for wanting someone fired. If they get fired they may have to do what you do, result to lying to get free haircuts and other stuff because they cannot afford to pay for it.

Guest

Seven days later since you wrote your complaint, it should be peach fuzz in that area and not noticeable so much now. To be honest, if I had done that to a client, I would not have charged them.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2386539

This person is not being honest. They edited the photo, used photoshop to get a free haircut SHM.

Guest

How do you expect them to fix a bald spot .. wave a magic wand and make the hair grow?

View more comments (11)
Peter G Pby

Verified Reviewer

Why does a check in mean nothing now

I have been going to Great Clips for several years now. I check in on line get a time and when close the app tells me to go to the location.

I normally choose a location close to where i will be that day.

This morning i did a ckeck in at the location at 159th and Mer-lin, olathe, Kansas. The app showed 19 minute wait and 3 rd in line. I am about 15 minutes from the location, so I feft heading there. When i get there i am now 8th in line with a 35 minutes wait.

I asked inside why and was told because others checked in before me. So me check in now does nothing fir me? So my time has been wasted trying to do business with you. Is this normal now?

Do I need to go to a different business now? I have to say i am very unhappy with the non service

Loss:
Pros:
  • Have up until now
  • Always been great
Cons:
  • None until now

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don't expect a valid check in at that location

Guest

Sounds like a glitch with the app. It happens. The app is controlled by the IT team in corporate and there is nothing the local stores can do about that.

Kim T Chz

| map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

Horrible experience

The worst experience ever my hair is chopped off literally!!! He spent 5-6 minutes, not listening or paying attention AT ALL about the specific picture of MY hair at the exact link and style I would be doing with my hair didn't offer to wash my hair or introduce himself.

I asked for both his name and shampoo. He then cut my hair 4inches about my shoulders instead,of the 1-2 inches below my shoulders so that's not even the main reason for this but when he asked what I think I told him I think you just butchered my hair and cut it 4 inches more than we discussed he then said I think you can get out of my chair and put me out no apology I'm sorry I messed your hair up nothing even the slightest bit of empathy would've been a good idea.

I will never return to this place again here or anywhere. I would recommend spending the 60$ for a real professional experience especially if you have a self care day in mind.

1245 Caroline St NE Ste 120, Atlanta, GA 30307

Jeff the hairstylist

Cons:
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Do not go here

Nancy W Rrt

KINGSTON PA

When are they opening in kinship pa,, have been waiting a Long time, I love great clips, please let me know
Pros:
  • Depends on styles

Preferred solution: Opening in kingston pa

LaMonte M Xhl

Discrimination / complaint

Today Tuesday 13 Feb I was completely and rudely ignored by your Clarksville Tennessee (shops at Peachers mill) salon.

I checked in online with 0 minutes to wait but ended up waiting nearly 20- 25 minutes while a stylist finished chatting while cutting a womans hair, finished the cut and CHATTED more at the chair finished chatting and the woman left, came back in and the stylist CHATTED even more over by the shampoo. (Never apologizing to me)

Then when the woman left the stylist disappears to the back of the store, (saying nothing to me) (ignored me).

I left the shop and the stylist called me on my phone asking if I wanted a cut.

She then lied by trying to say / act as if she had a customer in the chair. LIES!

Ive been a LOYAL (very good tipping) customer for 10 years.

This was BEYOND disrespectful!!

Im LaMonte and Im VERY offended.

Drmac@***.com

Pros:
  • Usually ok
Cons:
  • Rude staff disrespectful

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Shops by preachers mill are disrespectful

April W Izy

| map-marker Greenville, South Carolina

I had a i Terrible experience at Great Clip I left very unsatisfied My hair looks aweful nothing l I wanted

The stylist had no clue what I wanted I am I very disappointed Too much money to be unsatisfied Terrible Terrible I have had at least 3 BAD experiences with great clips I guess I thought it would be different WRONG

User's recommendation: I will NOT go back

Don K Tzu

Verified Buyer

Horrible

Great Clips - Horrible
Got hair cut at Hampton Village by Elvira. Did a 10-minute cut. It looked somewhat OK when the hair was still damp. When I got home it puffed out looking horrible. Went to Super Cuts the next day to fix it. Spent time on my hair rather than a 10-minute *** job. Will never go back to your salon. BTW - I did try putting product in my hair and still horrible. Most times hair stylists are social and talk to clients during cutting. Not her, but maybe cause only spent 10 minutes. But seemed a bit rude.

Desiree R Nnf

| map-marker Henderson, Nevada

Treated TERRIBLY from your employee

I went to one of your locations around 6:30pm at the 1533 sunset location. Your employee (which i did not get her name) but she had tattoos all on her face of spider webs and black and grey hair.

Super rude and nasty. I showed her a picture of what i was looking to get, she said you'll need to style it to do that, i said I've had that cut before and it flared on its on she said "if you say so!" (Very rudely while rolling her eyes. I said if you do not think you can do this is rather you didn't, it will upset me" she rips the paper from my neck and said than *** go. I was mortified.

She started yelling that i do not trust her and to just *** go. I said i do not know you, how could i TRUST YOU

I do customer service NEVER in my life have i gone off on someone like this. Yes i got rude after this. I'm so offended.

I have gone to your company for years. She's TERRIBLE! NOT good for your business. I do not know if I'll be back.

Definitely NOT to that location. I already left a voice mail last night (no response) and now I'm leaving a message here

Pros:
  • Most of the time i love the company
Cons:
  • Treated badly by this one person

Preferred solution: Not sure what I'm looking for. I just don't know how to respond or feel I'd never expect to be treated terribly like this

User's recommendation: DO NOT GO TO THIS LOCATION. DO NOT USE THE CHICK WITH SPIDERWEB TATTOOS on her face. Terribly rude

Shirley F Rnh

| map-marker Pflugerville, Texas

Nasty Beyond Reason

Updated by user Jan 12, 2024

Hair appointments should be honored as much as possible. People have scheduled events and other needs for their hair to look nice and professional.There was no legitimate reason for the service refusal. I know that businesses reserve the right to refuse service to...

Original review Jan 12, 2024
I went to the location in Pflugerville, Texas off 685 a few months ago. The lady who did my hair was Caucasian, I am black.

She kept mentioning racists people that she had encountered - excessively mentioned such people.
A few months later, I went back. I had checked in online. She came and asked to see my hair. She took the bear claw clip off without asking, and touched my hair, then said she could not do it.

She said the Asian lady in back didn't do my type of hair, and that they specialized in hair cuts. I asked if anyone else could do it. She said she would ask another colleague. She went to an Asian male stylist and reported that my hair was matted and then came back to report that he couldn't do it either.

My hair was NOT matted, it was curly/coily.
She mentioned that she once owned a blow dry bar in San Marcos; which convinces me that she had the skill to do my hair. Every blow dry bar I've visited has been able to do my hair. In fact, that night, it took me about 10 minutes to detangle my wet hair. It was not matted.

If she has run a salon like she said she did, she also knew this.
She then pretty much told me to get out. Twice.

I wasn't refusing to leave nor causing problems. She was so rude and nasty, it took me a while to absorb the fact that I had been treated so poorly for no reason at all - unless it was the color of my skin.
I think it's one thing to not want to do someone's hair, but to create a narrative so that no one else would do it was sour/evil/mean-spirited and highly unprofessional.
Pros:
  • Convenient scheduling
  • Fair prices on hair products

User's recommendation: Find a JC Penney or blow dry bar

map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Toxic work environments

As I wad getting my hair cut, Carrie Knowles had a broomin her hand and deliberately came over where my stylist and looked at me and .mumbled a slur and laughed out very loud. My stylist Kim Friedman witnessed her actions. This behavior is completely unprofessional. Something needs to be done. This is very toxic and she should be reprimanded at once

User's recommendation: Please don't do any business with Carrie knowlesowles

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article